If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Payment

Options
Nd1234
Nd1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I have has my assesment, waiting on my decision. If I get awarded will I get back pay and my question is when will it be backdated to?

Started handing in fit notes 30th March 2022.
Despite multiple times of asking I was told I will automatically be asked for an assesment and never told to report health change. I moved home to a new district in August 2022. Still nothing mentioned about reporting change.
It wasnt until I asked someone other than my work coach in my journal about when I will be sent a medical questionnaire for LCWRA that they said I hadn't reported a change.
I reported the change in June 2023 and on that reporting of change I put when did this change happen as 30th March 2022. 
If I'm awarded it. Will it be backdated to June when i reported the change or when the change happened and i started sending fit notes in March 2022 as i was led to believe not to report it I feel it should be march. I know about the waiting period just wandered if anyone knows whether it will be from March 2022 or June 2023.

Thank you in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Very odd that fit notes were accepted before you reported a change of circumstances. Usually you report the change and then it prompts you to provide a fit noe.

Were you working and receiving earnings of more than 16 x NMW/month when you first sent a fit note back in March 2022? This would have prevented them referring you for the work capability assessment. (this doesn't apply if you were claiming a disability benefit such as PIP/DLA or ADP)

If the fit notes were continuous without any gaps then the waiting period should start from when you provided evidence. (fit notes) Therefore your first payment will be either July or August 2022. 

The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during the waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods. The exact date will depend on what dates your assessment periods cover or what date you usually receive your money each month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nd1234

Welcome to the community! :) I see Poppy has been able to advise :)

I just wanted to say keeping everything crossed for you for your outcome! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.