Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Tribunal & CAPITA recalling assesment report as NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Options
Den795
Den795 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
I am new to the forum ... 
So I have my PIP tribunal tomorrow morning by phone and really stressed out by it all.
I am a below knee amputee with mental health issues. On my PIP review receipt by DWP I was told I had to have an assesment carried out by CAPITA. 
This happened on 3/4/2023 by phone ! .... CAPITA DA on the day stated she could not audio record the interview as she didnt have the tech to carry out and that I should have pre booked ! 
To say it was te most unpreffessional interview I have ever been subjected to would be an understatement.
The Upshot was that DWP refused my Daily living component by 1 point as I apparently scored 7 points but granted continuation of Mobility at 12 points.
I requested an MR which was also a failure so I lodged for appeal and have followed the instructions to a T.
Made an official complaint to CAPITA too ! 
The up shot is that 3 working days prior to my tribunal hearing tomorrow ... CAPITA call me and inform me that they are recalling the assesment report fron DWP and grounds are report NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
The following day I receive a txt message from DWP saying that they have received the report and will make a decision in the next 8 weeks ? 

Now I had already made a Statement submission to the tribunal service online and also added other evidence prior to these updates from CAPITA & DWP..... 

Should I be worried about the outcome of the tribunal in the morning ? 

Many thanks to any advice

Comments

• Den795
    Den795 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Update: 
    I won my Tribunal ... The panel had already made their decision before the Tribunal telephone hearing.
    My advice with regards to Poor performance from CAPITA or others is .... Make an Official complaint ! 
    The decision made by DWP was overturned at tribunal and I have been re awarded my PIP as before 19th April .... I have also received the HMCTS letter/Decision notice.
    Now waiting for DWP to catch up and correct my payments & backdated payments ! 
    As for CAPITA,  I made an official complaint and they also responded with apology and review of clinical decision ... PIP awarded as before 19th April and also offered £120 compensation on top .. 
    My advice is that if you feel that a decision is wrong based on a DA assessment then make your complaint official ... Document all communications & upload to the Tribunal as evidence via your online link to the HMCTS 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh @Den795 I'm so happy to hear the great news!  

I had issues with Capita myself when I had to go to tribunal.  But on the day of the tribunal, they'd already decided, but wanted to speak to me personally to apologise.  Which I think was lovely of them. 

I definitely agree to always keep a paper trail throughout the PIP process and don't be afraid to put in a complaint! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.