If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

OH assessment recommends I WFH - advice needed

Options
mrsbucket
mrsbucket Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello all
I currently DONT work from home & go into the office, currently off work with sick note. For medical reasons I am unable to attend the office any longer.

The last (5th) occupational health report recommended I work from home. All the other OH reports said the same thing. Up until now my employer had been exploring certain recommendations to go back into the office. These have all failed.

I am unable to do my current role from home, but can easily go to another department with a little training. My employer flatly refuses me to WFH in a different role. 

Meeting with HR arranged soon and they are talking about dismissing me with compensation? I have asked the reason why I am not allowed to WFH. They replied that they do not have a policy for WFH and only started in the pandemic,

(Just a bit of background  - it is a v larger employer (6000+ staff) with 30% of staff  currently working hybrid and expected to attend the office 40% of working week)

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.