The Hippopotamus Conundrum — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Hippopotamus Conundrum

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
You know I love a scroll through TikTok. Well, I came across this video and I couldn't stop laughing. It's been added to my cheering up playlist.

There are words that many of us find difficult to pronounce. I keep saying post-humorously when I mean to say posthumously...

What do you find hard to pronounce?  
Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can't say the word "legal" properly without making a sound before the first "L". So it often sounds like I'm saying "illegal". So now I have got to the point where will use a double negative and say "it's not illegal" when I mean to say "it's legal".
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,664 Pioneering
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I use to have a problem saying 'Squirrel', not so much these days. 

These days random words that I've never used pop into my head and then I say them, a bit worrying.  :o  

News presenters are shocking these days. They don't speak words correctly, it's all rushed.
  • Tazzie
    Tazzie Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Options
    rebel11 said:

News presenters are shocking these days. They don't speak words correctly, it's all rushed.
    I know it's horrible! Hubby and I often look at each other and say "Did she... was that... how .... !!!"

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.