Disability related expenditure and financial review for care — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability related expenditure and financial review for care

tina1148 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I have established DRE and sent reciepts for the increase in prices from 2019 and the cost of living.

They are askibg fir 3 months reciepts rather than the ususal one.  They are saying that they will discontinue my DRE if the recieps are not accepted.  They are saying they will discontinue my DRE where i have not sent a reciept or asked for one.  Can oldham council do this?


  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 1,545 Scope online community team
    Hi @tina1148, I'm sorry you're having these difficulties with your council. I looked at Oldham's online documentation for their DRE (Disability Related Expenses) but could not find how much evidence they required, just that they need receipts and the costs must be reasonable and related to the disability.

    Have you had any social care assessment that they can reference to, so they can see what your needs are and why? If there is a sudden change in evidence requirements it certainly seems unfair to take you off the scheme entirely if you cannot meet it immediately. Since you are in Oldham, have you tried contacting your local Citizen's Advice?
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.