Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Lcwra help

Options
chynaclarke1
chynaclarke1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I’m just asking on behalf of someone I care for about lcwra. He’s originally claimed uc from 2018, however in 2021 he unfortunately fell ill and has been handing in sick notes ever since. In January of this year he was sent a uc50 form to complete. He had his assessment in august and was found to be lcwra. Upon receiving his letter a few days later his statement for his next uc payment was issued with no extra element for lcwra on there. When I have queried this on his journal they have told me that he’s been awarded from the 15.08.23 so won’t get his lcwra payment until December. As I understand it the lcwra should take effect 3 assessment periods from when the 1st sick note was handed in. Is this correct? Uc are adamant he’s only due from being awarded and not in fact 3 months after the 1st sick note. Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to confirm, has he had any gaps in his sick notes and when did he exactly report the change to his health condition? If you have a look on his journal and scroll back it will tell you.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,947 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @chynaclarke1

Thanks for reaching out, I've moved your post to a section of the community where more knowledgeable people will be able to see your questions and offer you some help, though @bg844 is very knowledgeable in these issues, so you're in good hands. 

If you need any other help, just shout. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.