What are you looking forward to? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are you looking forward to?

Options
Albus_Scope
Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
I was just having a chat with the team about possibly taking a few days away somewhere nice (and accessible) next year. 
 Which got me thinking, everyone should have something to look forward to, even if it's something like "I'm having my favorite chips next week." Or "I can't wait for dessert week on Bake off."

So go on, what are you looking forward to in the near (or not so near) future? 
Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Opinions expressed are solely my own.
Neurodivergent.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    I should probably start.

I'm looking forward to the tub of ice cream I have ready for tomorrow night. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,775 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm looking faward to weigh in today and a Costa coffee
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    oooooh, I do love me a Costa.  So what's your drink of choice there @Sandy_123?

And best of luck with the weigh in! 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I'll probably have a lattee or cappuccino 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sounds like a nice treat @Sandy_123 I hope your weigh in goes the way you want it to.

What flavour is your ice cream @Albus_Scope?

I'm looking forward to going food shopping tomorrow and picking out some snacks for the week. Cannot live without snacks.
    Rosie (she/her)

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    Excellent choices. Any syrups? Or do you just like your coffee to taste like coffee? :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options

@rosie_scope "a life without snacks is no life at all. " - Some famous person, probably.

And it's salted caramel Haagen-Dazs, an excellent birthday gift from sis, but I've yet to dig in. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    Nooo step away from the sugar lol and avoid all the lovely looking cakes. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm looking forward to meeting up with family tomorrow night and having a takeaway. :) If you would of asked this earlier in the week, I'd of said I was looking forward to receiving my new iPhone 15 Pro Max (which was delivered on Tuesday). Been a good week for me for a change lol!

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    You have a much stronger will that I do @sandy_123 :D
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    @bg844 oh wow, a most excellent week for you! I'm a tad jealous!  Meeting up with the family will be fab. :) 

How are you finding the new iPhone?  And most importantly, what take away are you getting?

I am NOT food obsessed I swear.  ;)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • bg844
    Options
    It's a nice improvement to my old phone, I was going to buy second-hand or an older model brand new but a good friend of mine said 'why not spend more for it to last longer' which I would say is quite wise so I pre-ordered it from Apple on the 15th September (I don't do phone contracts!). 

For the takeaway I am thinking potentially of a Chinese as it's been literally months since I last had a proper one, I spotted you mentioning that you was going to get one on the food thread ;)

Speaking of contracts above, I best get on the phone to EE as my Sim only is coming to an end and they're putting my price up by £12 a month next week. Good reminder this haha, putting it off as I hate holding!
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    @bg844 yeah I used to just buy second hand, but now I've been paying over 24 months and part exchanging through the Samsung store.  I didn't realise it was so easy?!

Oh you canne beat a good chinese.  That's a very good call. I'll be expecting a full review of your grub tomorrow. ;) 

Have you looked at the GiffGaff sim only rolling contracts?  They've been great value for me.
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,854 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bg844 I don't know how much data you tend to use but I don't "do" phone contracts either and I only spend £10 a month for about 8 GB of data.

It's silly as I tried to get onto a contract once, as it was actually cheaper than buying the phone outright, and they said no I failed the credit check. I said I had all the money in my bank available to pay for the full 24 months up front if you want me to, they still said no. Clearly they just don't want customers!
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Yeah I'm the same @66Mustang, it's why I like Giffgaff.  A tenner gives me all the data I need easily and I can change it the following month if i need more or less.

Credit is another reason I prefer buying outright, I was told I couldn't get a contract due to bad credit (news to me), despite like you having all the money there.  So I just bought the phone from one of their competitors.  :D

Ah yes, I'm adding "buying a new phone soon" to my list of things I'm looking forward to. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • bg844
    Options
    Thanks both for the suggestions, I currently pay £7 a month for Unlimited Mins & Texts and 125GB data (don't use anywhere near as I'm normally at home with the WiFi but I accepted that deal last time as it was too good and cheap to say no to). I will see how I get on but I've always found them to be good at price matching whatever I throw at them hence why I've never left! And yes, when you phone they do offer you literally everything from tablets and phones to smartwatches which is annoying but I guess that's their job.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Albus_Scope

I find it funny - while I am not claiming to have a lot of money, I manage what I do have well (family call me the family accountant). I am very strict and always make sure everything is paid ahead of time. I have never borrowed money in my life which but this seems to go against me in credit checks - I can't prove I pay off debts as I have never had any!!

I hope you enjoy the new phone, what sort of phones are you looking at?
  • bg844
    Options
    Happy phone shopping :)
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    @bg844 ah yes, the glories of upselling haha. 

@66Mustang I was so bad with money in my youth, but that's all understandable now I know I'm autistic haha.  Great with stocks and shares, rubbish with money in the bank. But I'm on top of it all now. 

I've been a Samsung fanboy for many years, so I may go for the new Galaxy S23 ultra. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Albus_Scope ooh that's interesting ... I do stocks myself but had my fingers (and hands, arms and torso) burnt very early on so am extremely conservative and low risk now. I do manage some family members' money for them and the funds I chose are doing quite nicely. Never going to be rich but I am helping them beat inflation at least.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.