Newbie here — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie here

Options
Dot2710ken
Dot2710ken Community member, Scope Member Posts: 37 Connected
Hi there! I'm new here and newly disabled. I have been diagnosed with POTS, Dysautonomia, and Long COVID , for my sins. I've had to be redeployed from a job I absolutely loved and am now WFH. I have 17 cats, 11 grand monsters, 5 allegedly grown-up monsters, and a man-child!  I joined this forum to chat with people who would understand. Normally I would have my work family as my extended support network. I no longer have that. 
I was diagnosed in June this year, had symptoms since December 2022. 

thanks for reading

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,506 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Dot2710ken and welcome to the community! Everyone's super friendly, so don't be afraid to join in any of the chats.  The coffee lounge section is always a great place to start. :) 

I'm so sorry to hear you had to leave the job you loved.  Are you enjoying the working from home though? 

(I am so impressed by that horde of cats, that's my idea of heaven!) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Dot2710ken
    Dot2710ken Community member, Scope Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    Honestly, its okay, I enjoy trying to help people. Id rather be back out on the road.  I'm still struggling with working full time. It sounds pathetic to say I struggle to be sat up all day. I've had a week off and I'm so fatigued right now. 

Hahahh! it was 22 at 1 point! they are all little monsters, but keep me good company. and annoy the life out of the man child,  :)
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Dot2710ken

I'm so sorry you've been unwell. I must admit I did read your post and go cats!  <3:D I hope the community can be a place of friendship and support for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,506 Scope online community team
    Options
    22 cats?! Blimey!  I thought I was bad when I had 9.  

Now I just have one that punches me when she's hungry at 6am.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.