Pip MR still says no — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip MR still says no

Dianaf
Dianaf Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hi everyone after having my pip daily living cut even though my conditions are still degenerative the MR appeal still says he will not turn the decision round. I've only lost it by 3 points. Could a tribunal end up cutting the pip even more. I can't face anymore stress or reductions. The dwp seem set on cutting pip and the assessors are out to get people worse than ever. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,445 Disability Gamechanger
    There's much higher chance of success at Tribunal stage with about 68% of people having a decision in their favour. This is assuming you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing.

If they consider removing any points you will be warned before they do that. They will either write to you before the day of the hearing or they will warn you on the day of the hearing and it will be adjourned, which will give you time to go away and consider your options.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nasturtium
    nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
    edited October 2023
    Hello Dianaf
    It sounds like your award was reduced or removed at review.
    The descision make needed to give detailed credible reasons why the impact of your condition had improved to justify a reduction in your award.
    You can get more information on how to challenge this at appeal here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
    Hope that helps
    Nasturtium
    How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
  • Dianaf
    Hi everyone and thank you for getting back to me. I've already asked the dwp to explain what evidence they used to cut my points and they had no explanation for it.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 2,985 Scope online community team
    I'm so sorry to hear about their decision @Dianaf, but I agree with the others that it's well worth going for the tribunal.  I know it sounds scary, but most people find it a lot gentler of an experience from dealing with the assessors. They tend to look at you as a human and not just a bunch of boxes to tick. 

And we're all here to support you should you need it. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Dianaf
    Deppi said:

Dianaf said:
    . I've already asked the dwp to explain what evidence they used to cut my points and they had no explanation for it.

Here 

https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/107736/pip-has-been-reduced#latest

you said 

"The assessor lied... Saying I cook for myself when I said I can't and that I need no help with dressing when I told her I have help everyday from a carer."

I think its obvious you lost points there, what else you need to know from them that is not obvious from the report?

Did you include on the MR your side of the story about these points? 

Yes everything was explained in the MR but they ignored it. 
  • Dianaf
    I'm so sorry to hear about their decision @Dianaf, but I agree with the others that it's well worth going for the tribunal.  I know it sounds scary, but most people find it a lot gentler of an experience from dealing with the assessors. They tend to look at you as a human and not just a bunch of boxes to tick. 

And we're all here to support you should you need it. :) 
    Thank you 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.