Cmht discharge being taken up by local mp — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cmht discharge being taken up by local mp

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Just got the email, he is taking it up with my team.
Have replied asking if the issue can be investigated nationwide as sure I'm not the only one and think this kind of treatment from people who are meant to be supporting and helping us is disgusting. 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Bettahm, glad that you were able to get a response from your MP. Hopefully they can investigate further and find out if anything can be done about your case and anyone else that's had similar problems.

Keep us all informed on how it goes :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bettahm, glad that you were able to get a response from your MP. Hopefully they can investigate further and find out if anything can be done about your case and anyone else that's had similar problems.

Keep us all informed on how it goes :)
    I've read on other forums where people have been discharged, no reason given and not even letting them know, like me.
    So it's a thing with cmhts and it's bad considering the states of the people they are working with.
    I've asked mp but kind of dont think he will start an investigation into this letting down of people with mental health problems, people cmhts are suppose to help.
    Not when the govt are making changes to the WCA and from what I've read dont have a clue what they're talking about re mental health.
    Thought it was worth asking though (he is a tory)
    At least I should find out when and why I was discharged. 
    Certainly not because my conditions were getting better.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    That doesn't sound good at all @Bettahm, especially when people are already struggling so much. 

Hopefully you can get some answers, it's worth a try.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.