Hi again, looking for some advice on reclining chairs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi again, looking for some advice on reclining chairs

Options
maddanj
maddanj Community member Posts: 27 Connected
I hope all are enjoying the indian summer.

I've been trying to purchase a recliner chair to allow me to sit with less pain - spinal condition aggrevating sciatic nerve and compressed nerves causing numbness in feet.
I've found a more reasonable priced one in John Lewis but I can't get the furniture dept to provide more information about what the guarantee covers - it states the frame but not if this coveres the reclining mechanism which is integral to the use of the chair.
I've gone through customer services and they are outsourced and don't seem to be able to do anything other than refer back to the sales people.
Any advice would be greatfully recieved as half lying on my sofa is causing other MSK issues.
:-)

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @maddanj :)

Sorry you've not been able to get any answers on your guarantee, sounds like they're sending you round in circles! I did have a quick read on their website and, as you say, it's not clear at all whether 'frame' would cover the mechanism so I can see why you'd be suspicious.

I've moved your post over to our aids and adaptations board where I hope some of our lovely members will be along shortly to offer some better advice.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,605 Pioneering
    Options
    @maddanj Have you been in touch with your local council (OT) - They are obliged by law to advise you (mine even supply seating) ... you may be wasting your own money  if you buy an unsuitable chair yourself

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.