UC Self Employed LCWA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Self Employed LCWA

Options
nails
nails Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I'm self employed & I've agreed with my work coach to do 12 hours minimum a week & my minimum income floor is based on this. I've had fit notes to support my altered hours. I then went for a limited capability for work assessment. They say I do not have a limited capability for work & may be able to work some hours & that I no longer have to hand in fit notes. Then my work coach told me unless I put in for a mandatory reconsideration I'll be expected to work 35 hours from 1st Oct. So I did put in the MR. It's come back with the same decision. But in the letters they say

Our decision
We have decided that you do not have limited capability for work
and can do some type of work
This means you might be expected to look for work, depending on
what you agree with your work coach.
What happens next
Your Universal Credit award will not change and we will contact
you to discuss the work-related requirements in your
commitmenis.
You do not need to send any more statements of fitness for work
(also known as doctor's notes or fit notes) from your doctor, unless
your condition changes.

So is my work coach wrong & i can still stay at 12 hours or are they expecting me to work full time? I'm so confused. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think i'm going bonkers because i'm sure i replied to this on another thread here but now i can't find my comment.

As you've now had the MR decision then your commiments may change but that will depend on your work coach. Where it says "your UC will not change, it means your maximum entitlement will not change"

If you disagree with the decision you can proceed to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nails
    Options
    I went to edit the photos & the whole discussion was deleted? Thanks for the clarification concerning my uc will not change. They make it so confusing. So is it up to my work coach to decide how many hours I work? I literally cannot believe this is happening to me. I'm on altered hours due to stress & anxiety & I'm now on medication & have doctors evidence to back it all up dating back over a year & they say I'm fit for full time hours? I honestly feel like I'm being punished for something. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah ok thanks, i thought my brain was going into overdrive. :D when i said your UC won't change, what i meant was your maximum entitlement before any deductions won't change. If your claimant commiments change then the MIF will also change.

Yes, it will be your work coach that will discuss your claimant commiments with you. Please do request the Tribunal if you think you should qualify for either LCW or LCWRA.

I don't know if you've seen the descriptors for both but i'll put them here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nails
    Options
    I'm guessing by the claimant commitments I'll be expected to work 35 hours a week. I can't believe I'm going to have to go to tribunal. This is absolutely insane. It's like the assessor & the decision maker were literally the nicest people who completely understood how I feel & what's wrong with me then just made the complete opposite decision. I really feel like a fool. Are they trained in how to say one thing then do another? I'll not sleep till this is resolved. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm afraid i can't advise what your commiments will be. Only about 16% of people are found fit for work, it's just unfortunate, that you were one of them. The majority of people are found to have LCWRA.

I don't know what the stats are for Tribunals because they have released those. I do know that there's more chance if you either appear in person or request a telephone/video hearing.
  • nails
    Options
    I have just submitted an appeal online & opted for a telephone hearing. Literally cannot believe this is happening to me. Absolute nightmare
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes it does happen. Try to move on if you can and concentrate on whether you think you qualify for either LCW or LCWRA and your reasons why. 

For LCWRA you just need one descriptor to qualify. Or substantial risk. For LCW then it's at least 15 points needed.
  • nails
    Options
    According to me I'm lcwra but I only wanted lcw to ensure I could manage & I got neither haha I really appreciate your replies. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.