National Dessert Day! (With a spooky twist!) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

National Dessert Day! (With a spooky twist!)

Options
Albus_Scope
Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
Oh my lovelies, it's nearly one of the best days of the year, National Dessert Day!  A day to really celebrate all of your favorite after dinner treats!  It's on October 14th, so there's plenty of time to get ready. :)

As it's only a few weeks until Halloween (yay!)  I thought I'd share an old childhood  recipe. My family call them minty eyeballs, but I guess you could just call them...Peppermint Screams!

This really is so so easy, but you can add extra things to it if you're feeling fancy. For this, you will need;
  • 300g / 2.5 cups icing / confectioners sugar
  • 120g / 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon or 8 – 10 drops of peppermint oil (to taste)

Simply mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, roll out into circles and place them on some greaseproof paper, on a tray and pop them in the fridge for an hour. 

From here, you can always do what we do and use food colouring (or chocolate) and paint pupils on them to make them eyeballs.
Or if you're feeling fancy, just melt some chocolate and (carefully) dip the peppermint balls in using two forks and leave for another 20 mins to set. :) 

Also please note I like mine very minty, so I use peppermint oil.  But if you want a milder minty hit, use some peppermint extract.

So what are your favorite desserts?  Do you have any special family recipes you love?  Let me know. :)
Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Opinions expressed are solely my own.
Neurodivergent.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.