If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lisa

Options
rabi
rabi Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi everyone had really ruff time gas has gone because lpg tried responding with them  advantis no joy as my husband totally disabled and has vasuclar dementia stopped direct debit payments now won't give no gas until nearly 700 needs to be paid so it paid in full before delivery and also just had enough today guide lines for that totally ignored and how they say there trying to help really frustrating 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @rabi

I'm so sorry that does sounds so frustrating. Can I ask, are you in England or Wales? Scope has a Disability Energy Support Service. I would encourage you to reach out to one of our advisors for additional support. 

Contact Disability Energy Support
    Phone: 

Email: 

Disability.EnergySupport@scope.org.uk

Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • rabi
    Options
    In england it is so frustrating 
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    I appreciate your situation but in all seriousness you cannot expect a supplier to write off the £700 of debt. Also by not paying for the gas supplied you are demonstrating to the supplying company that you might 'knock' them again for any future supplies.

• rabi
    Options
    I think you got it wrong iv paid the dept and also willing to pay other money but I wanted direct debit I could not afford to pay it all at once so they want it up front before they deliver could you get you fact write before you comment
  • rabi
    Options
    And if I knock as you so to speak how can when there are only limited companies who do that about 2 infact this lpg and big gas tank so how am I going to get gas  could you get your fact write this is why I hate these post because your accused of doing something you haven't dune 
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 1,008 Scope online community team
    Options

Note from online community team:

Hello everyone,

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate.

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion.

For more information, please read our online community house rules

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rabi - I think @2oldcodgers simply misread your post. I use LPG too, &, as you say there's not much choice with so few suppliers. I also wonder if Scope can actually help with their 'Disability Energy Support Service,' as perhaps that's just for those that have a domestic mains gas supply. Perhaps @Hannah_Scope will be able to check & for future reference too. Thank you, Hannah.
    With my LPG (Flo gas), I just give them a cheque once it's delivered, but this wouldn't help you either, unfortunately. I hope you will kindly let us all know if you manage to get this sorted.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Disability Energy Support can help with:
    Our expert advisers can support you through a wide range of topics related to your energy and water needs, including:
    • managing energy and water debt
    • changing your meter
    • energy and water efficiency
    • accessing benefits, grants, and trusts
    • contacting or complaining to your supplier
    • understanding your gas and electricity bills
    • understanding how to use your heating systems
    They can help support you with contacting your energy supplier to go through your situation. 

I'll contact them and find more specific information about how they can help those that use LPG :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Hello @rabi

I heard from the advisors. If you contact Step Change or Citizen's Advice for debt advice they can hopefully help work out a payment plan with the supplier. And if you contact Disability Energy Support for an appointment they can help support by seeing if there is anything else you could be entitled too. I hope that helps :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.