Pip questions since receiving report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip questions since receiving report

Options
courtney890
courtney890 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello,

im new here so sorry if I don’t make much sense or miss things. 
I’ve read a lot of posts here that helped me on my pip journey. 
I applied in July and had my phone assessment on Thursday just gone, called Friday for a copy of the assessment and it arrived today (Monday). Very quickly from what I can gather. 

I’m applying based on Aspergers and poor mental health (agoraphobia, PTSD, depression,anxiety, eating disorder). 

I’ve read through my assessment and scored 9 points, and 0 on mobility. 
If this is the decision that pip make I will want a mandatory reconsideration, does anyone have any tips for best way to do so, should I get more evidence? 
I got 0 on mobility and it states that I can take and plan a route without an aid. I haven’t left the house alone in over 3 years. I haven’t walked a route in over 3 years. I leave with my safe people (mum and partner) and only for drs appointments really. Leaving the home is really distressing to me and causes bad panic attacks, sickness and triggers my night terrors which was stated earlier in the report so I’m confused on this one especially. 

There’s more points I think I’ve missed out on but I won’t go into too much detail. 

My main questions are, is their charity’s or people best to help with a mandatory reconsideration? 
If they award me standard daily living and I ask for a reconsideration will it stop pip payments? 
Just any help really with this part in the pip journey. 

Also they stated I don’t take anxiety meds, I take sertraline which is stated in the report, I take this for anxiety and depression but they seem to only note it as an anti depressant? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mostly they go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it but i can happen.

My main questions are, is their charity’s or people best to help with a mandatory reconsideration? 
    If they award me standard daily living and I ask for a reconsideration will it stop pip payments? 
    Just any help really with this part in the pip journey. 

Have a look at this link to see what advice agencies are local to you. I'd advise either Welfare Rights or a law centre. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

Any award you may have will continue while you request the MR. The most likely outcome will be the decision doesn't change. If this happens you can proceed to Tribunal.

If you do request the MR then i'd advise you to give a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. Assuming you didn't do this when you filled out the form.

As you have a copy of the report, it's fine to mention a couple of obvious errors then put it to one side and forget about it. Concentrating wholly on the report isn't going to help.

Also the MR request should be put in writing, do not ring them to request it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • courtney890
    courtney890 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks so much your reply and help. Hopefully I do get an award and then I’ll ask for a MR. I have read a few places not to call so I’ll definitely write for one. 

Thanks so much for your help x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.