How to evidence a request for flexible work under reasonable adjustments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to evidence a request for flexible work under reasonable adjustments

Options
Shell2014
Shell2014 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone I've worked full time at the same company for 20 years. I've been on the sick for 5 months due to various mental health issues and possible autism. I'm also a single parent carer to my autistic child. I'm returning to work next week as a phased return. OT has recommended this and also flexible working under reasonable adjustments as my mental health falls under the disability section of the equalityact. My manager immediately said no! Which wasn't a surprise as he refused me 2 years ago when I applied as a parent carer. I've spoken to HR who have told me they have to consider it properly and to apply but cant promise the result as the decision will be made by my manager and ultimately I know he will still refuse. I just don't know how to evidence my request more than I already have. The company's own Occupational therapist recommended flexible working, can my manager legally refuse this? I've got my union involved and they don't know any more than me. I just don't know what to do any more and don't want to lose my job over this but I know I won't be able to cope. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.