If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm mads2023! Has anyone ever had a call from the case manager?

Options
mads2023
mads2023 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, asking for advice and hopefully some positive feedback 🤞 I’m really anxious as waiting for my pip decision..

I applied for pip on 11th July 2023. I completed my claim form and returned to them. 

I had a telephone call on 28th September 2023. The woman asked me a few questions, said I didn’t need an assessment (I thought this was an assessment) and said she’d write a report to dwp that day. I then received a text from the dwp that day saying they’d received my report. 

I phoned up dwp today (3 weeks after my phone call) and they said it’s with a case manager, they said my reports been looked at, she mentioned payments a few times but didn’t go into details and then said a case manager needs to call me. Has anyone else had this? The woman on the phone said it was very normal, said they need to call to discuss options and for some more information? 

I’m really worried now.. has anyone had this call from the case manager? if so, what was said? Should I be worried? The woman on the phone today also said the decision will be made really really soon? 

Many thanks for your advice xx

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @mads2023, welcome to the community!

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help answer some of your questions but I just wanted to say hello. I've popped your post into our PIP section so members can find it more easily and share some of their advice and experiences :)

Fingers crossed it's a good result for you!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will have had what's known as a paper based assessment. Even though they rang to ask a few questions, this isn't a full assessment. 

Sometimes the decision maker will ring to ask some questions but it's rare for them to do that. I'm afraid i can't tell you why they want to speak to you. If they do need to then hopefully they will ring soon.

A decision can take up to 12 weeks once the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.