Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Watersure - Reassessment and very Intrusive

Options
Apollo14LMP
Apollo14LMP Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hi,

I have been on Watersure since 2019 with the wonderful UU.

I rang up to discuss my payment s with them and was advised that for some reason I was up for reassessment.

I was passed over to their Assessment Team people and asked to provide Open Banking access which I immediately refused. They seemed a bit put off by my approach but I could not see what the relevance of them seeing my personal banking details are (nothing to hide) - why would I let UU look into my personal account ? 

I then got a form through the post - asking for details of income for everyone in the house. Why are they asking for this - I dont owe them any money ... and pay them £40.00 a month ... 

They rang me and I asked them why they wanted all this personal information - I dont like having them on my credit file nor do I trust or like them for a number of reasons.
I had a few words with them and was told to supply the details or be refused Watersure and they were extending a concession. Again words exchanged - I told them if there bills were affordable for people in general people would not require concessions etc - these people are not doing me a favour in my mind, they think they are. 

I understood that Watersure was dependant ONLY on water meter, receipt of IR ESA or HB in my case - AND illnesses which require lots of water  - not how much you have in the bank ? irrespective of the means of someone in the household. Anyone know why this has changed this was not asked back in 2019. I also believed that you were entitled to Watersure UNTIL you are not entitled to it. They check every few years they said - which is okay. Dont know why they do this as for BT cheap Internet you just quote your NI number and its a simple yes or no ... 

I found this process intrusive and am not happy and wonder if anyone has experienced this, intrusive and awkward process. I have a good credit score so wondering of these people are looking at me as I am not on the credit "blacklist"

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.