Move from LCW to LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Move from LCW to LCWRA

nayden Community member Posts: 9 Listener
My husband in on universal credit LCW group. Unfortunately he has been diagnosed with severe cirrhosis and is very ill. I have spoken to the CAB and they advised me that my husband should now be placed in the LCWRA because there is no propect of him ever working again.

Would someone be able to advise me if this is correct and if so how do we go about changing his work group.  


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    For this your husband will need to report a change of circumstances, which can be done through his journal, if you have access to one. Then click "health condition" and report a wosening of condition. Before doing this he will need to get a fit note (sick note) because he will need to provide this even though he was previously found to have LCW. He will need to continue to provide them without any gaps until a decision is made on a new work capability assessment.

    You can check the descriptors here for LCWRA at least one of those needs to apply.

    Once the change of circumstances is reported he should then be referred for a new work capability assessment. He will then receive more UC50 forms in the post to fill in and return with any extra supporting evidence. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them. (unless he automatically qualifies but more information on this can be found in the link provided)

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 1,483 Scope online community team
    Hi @nayden, sorry to hear how unwell your husband is. As Poppy says you need to report the change in circumstances to the DWP to get the ball rolling on this.

    Does he, or has he, applied for PIP at all as well? Let us know if you need any other advice or support, I know it can be a lot to handle when your partner is very ill and you're having to care for them. We're here if you need to chat :)
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.