No motivation at all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No motivation at all

Options
Tabbymilly
Tabbymilly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have depression, anxiety  & PTSD plus grieving the death of my husband 2yrs ago and this year both my parents. I have socially isolated myself so now feel very alone. My house is a complete mess, I have not done any tidying or cleaning in the longest time and its got so bad I just don't know how to start getting my house in order. Each night I think about what I can do but my sleep pattern is so bad only around 5hrs of broken sleep I always find some excuse not to start and it's really getting me down, I desperately need tips on how to tackle this mess, please help.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,857 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tabbymilly welcome to the forum. I'm sorry sorry to read about your losses.  Maybe bereavement councilling might help you with the grieving. 
    For the motivation only focus on 1 room at a time to scale it down for you. I pop music on as it helps to motivate me. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tabbymilly

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and parents. I echo Sandy about bereavement counseling. You can get help through the NHS and even have talking therapies which could help you with your motivation.  

I was in a position where I didn't want to clean because of my health and depression. I found that I wasn't alone. There are a few videos on YouTube that I watch to help get that motivation and they give some really great tips! 

I would also encourage you to speak to your GP about your sleep patterns. They may be able to provide some support for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tabbymilly welcome to scope, so sorry to hear about your losses its been a really hard time for you I'm sure, sometimes I feel like my get up an go has got up and gone and one of my solutions is to make a list of stuff that needs doing then as I do them I tick them off the list and it gives me some satisfaction of achievement.
    Hope things improve for you soon.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tabbymilly
    Tabbymilly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all, so now my head is telling me OK I'll start that on Monday, new week = a fresh start, however when Monday comes round will I really or just find another reason. I  hate not being in full control of my thoughts and actions! 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Tabbymilly I get similar thoughts about starting Monday because it's a fresh week. I make a list and when I look at it I'll say to myself well, what can I do now? or what do I need in preparation, I'll get that today. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.