UC/ WCA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC/ WCA

Options
karen57
karen57 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi all, I have had WCA on Friday the 20th October 2023 and this morning the 26th received a message in my journal saying that I had Lcwra and was entitled to it from July 23. Could some one explain if this means I have extra money owing / back pay.? So glad it’s over with now it really was nerve racking,the wait and the actual assessment, but I was assessed by a lovely Czech girl who seemed to care,which always helps. The dwp certainly do not make it an easy process to go through. Thanks,
Karen.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Pleased your WCA went well, & you've been awarded the LCWRA element. This is not paid for 3 full months from when you declared your health condition & started providing fit notes, which you should have continued to do (without any breaks) until you got your WCA decision. This presumes also that you're not living with a partner who already claims a LCWRA element.
    Do you know the date of your first fit note, & the dates for your assessment period, or the date you're normally paid?
  • karen57
    karen57 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Hi I started to put in fit notes from last November and received first payment of ESA in January 23  until the 6th May when I was contacted via phone fro a rep from the dwp in Canterbury who informed me that I would be transferring to uc after I had failed my first wca in April. My first payment for uc was on the 10th June and have continued to be paid every month on that date.i have continued to submit fit notes without a break since November 22 and my latest one expires on the 29th November. 
    Thanks
    karen

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Was this 2nd WCA because you reported a change of health condition? 

When you were found fit for work in May did you challenge that decision? 

Edit to add, in a previous thread in May you said you were claiming UC and were found fit for work on 4th May. See thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/105452/can-anyone-advise-me-where-i-stand-wca#latest but here you said your first UC payment was June. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.