Is there a savings limit for AA, pension credits and housing reductions?

oldwifey
oldwifey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I'm on attendance allowance and get pension tax credits, I have housing and council tax reductions, I'm 75 years old and wondered what the savings limit is on these benefits?
 Sorry if this has been asked before but just came across your site today.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator
    Hello @oldwifey, welcome to the community. I hope you're doing well today.

Just so you know, I've popped your post into our attendance allowance category so people with similar experiences can see it. Hopefully some of our lovely members will be along shortly to share their advice, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    There's no savings limit for AA. For Pension credit/housing benefit as you're state pension age and above it's £10,000. For every £500 or part thereof over this amount there's a £1.week deduction. There's no upper savings limit for those of state pension age. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/savings-over-60

Just to add further although AA isn't means tested if you have anything left at the end of the period it's paid for then it becomes savings and will be included in your savings limit.

• oldwifey
    oldwifey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the info, plain talking instead of some government gobble de gook 😊
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    You're welcome. :)