If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Efficient use of Public Purse ££'s

Options
woollywonder
woollywonder Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
edited October 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a telephone assessment on Monday for my first PIP claim.. I thought it may amuse you all to read my timeline of events so far!

21/9 returned online form and recieved email acknowledgement
19/9 Letter from DWP reminding me to send in PIP2 and giving a 2 week extension (received after I had sent it in)
16/10 Letter with details of 'phone assessment date (received 23/10)
16/10 letter REMINDER of phone assessment (received 27/10)
23/10 text from DWP to say "a HP is looking at your claim and may contact you with an assessment appt if needed"
23/10 text from Capita with a reminder of phone assessment
28/10 text from Capita with a reminder of phone assessment.

Talk about overlap and overkill! What's the betting they cancel the phone assessment on Monday?! (I hope not because I'm *ready* !! Kind of) What I find particularly amusing is that the appt notification letter & the reminder letter were generated on the same day :D And the DWP " you may need an assessment" text came a week after Capita had generated an appt :D

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think the point is you have had a very fast response my OH's review took literally 12 months from sending it back to getting a decision, I'm not sure why you come to the decision "what's the betting they cancel the phone assessment" I would say what's the betting they don't.
    And don't forget that most of these letters are computer generated. !

good luck let us know how it goes won't you ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woollywonder
    woollywonder Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options
    woodbine said:
    I think the point is you have had a very fast response my OH's review took literally 12 months from sending it back to getting a decision, I'm not sure why you come to the decision "what's the betting they cancel the phone assessment" I would say what's the betting they don't.
    And don't forget that most of these letters are computer generated. !

good luck let us know how it goes won't you ?

Of course, yes. It is a fast response, but that may be because I did one of the online applications, it hasn't had the delays in the mail handling centre etc. I just find it bizzare to get so many overlapping letters and texts! When I did this for my son years ago, he had a couple of assessments cancelled literally half an hour beforehand. I do hope it goes ahead as planned as it will be good to get it over with. A friend of ours sent their review paperwork back in Oct '22 and has still heard nothing apart from that it was received - they are in a bit of a quandary with their mobility car if nothing happens soon as it is due for swapping or something!
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options

When I did this for my son years ago, he had a couple of assessments cancelled literally half an hour beforehand.

I had my first review assessment cancalled 20 mins after it was supposed to start in September. Luckily they rescheduled it for beginning of October and the assessor rang me bang on time  :smile:
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews are taking much longer than new claims. New claims that fill out the PIP2 form online do seem to be much quicker than paper forms. I agree that it will be the postal system that adds extra time to new claims.

A friend of ours sent their review paperwork back in Oct '22 and has still heard nothing apart from that it was received - they are in a bit of a quandary with their mobility car if nothing happens soon as it is due for swapping or something!
    Your friend will be able to contact motability to have their lease extended until a decision is made on their review.

They will not be able to place an order for another vehicle unless they have at least 12 months remaining on their award.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.