pip assessment question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment question

nayden
nayden Community member Posts: 9 Listener
My husband applied for pip on 2 August. Received a text on 10 October from Independent Assessment Service.  Saying that they are managing his pip assessment . " We will look at the available evidence and will contact you with an appointment if we need to have a consultation with you."

Is this a standard text?

I phoned up pip helpline today and they said if i have got this message then we will just have to wait to be contacted?

Is this normal? Can anyone advise us how long it will take we are very worried.

Comments

• TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 104 Pioneering
    Yes, that is the normal procedure.

You will receive a letter with your appointment. You can then call to ask for a phone assessment if you need one. It can take some time, maybe someone more knowledgeable can offer some insight, in my case it was 3 weeks after the message and the appointment was about a month later.

For now just wait, but nothing to worry about, its how it works for everyone.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,192 Disability Gamechanger
    Themanfromlondon is spot on and it’s a standard text. 

There’s no point ringing PIP because they do not deal with assessments and won’t be able to give you any information. 

Most people have assessments so he should expect one of those. Once an appointment becomes available he will be contacted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    edited October 2023
    Its a bit of a drawn out process @nayden like everyone above has said. I got the same text back in August which resulted in a review being scheduled for the following month in September so be assured what your husband has received is totally normal.

Once your husband has had his assessment its possible he may receive further texts advising that the assessment report has been submitted to the DWP, that the DWP have enough info to deal with his claim and that the DWP have reached a decision but be aware that not everyone receives these texts or that its possible to recieve any combination of them or none at all.

If he does receive the text from the DWP stating that a decision has been made and a letter will be sent out within two weeks then it is possible at this point to ring the PIP hotline and ask them to give you the decision about his claim. This helps speed up the process a little and saves the extra wait days before he will have his decision

I wish your husband good luck with his claim and hope he gets the decision he is hoping for

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.