If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal case closed in my favour

Options
deeebeee
deeebeee Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello guys I just need to ask a couple of questions 

I started pip appeal just got text to say my case is closed as I have been awarded in my favour I was on standard daily with no form sent have mobility and mental health what award Have I got asked for enhanced on both 

2nd question I was awarded pip sdl feb 2022 LCWRA Oct 2022
my rent was 1326 I got lha capped at 1100 for last 7 years I moved in March 2023 was I underpaid from March 22 to March 23 

im seeing pound signs lol don’t want to tell and promise the kids anything yet until I have some advice the suspense is killing me don’t know if I can wait for award letter loooool

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you were able to track the appeal online then you maybe able to log in and see what the decision was. If you can see then you will need to wait for the decision letter from HMCTS. 

Why were you underpaid for your rent? Was this because of the benefit cap? If so then when you were found to have LCWRA then the cap should have been lifted. 

Assuming you’re privately renting then you can check what the rates of the LHA for your area are here https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/ it will tell you the weekly rate so you will need to convert that to a monthly amount as you’re claiming UC. To do this times the amount by 52 and then divide by 12.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deeebeee
    deeebeee Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi poppy thanks for the reply 
    case was closed on court thing but called and the automated service said my next payment would be 691 so am assuming enhanced on both fingers crossed 

and I was found LCWRA in October 2022 but my rent had stayed the same am actually under the lha limit for my area for private rent but was capped due to benefit cap had a 3 bed entitled to 4 bed I did work it out to be 226 per month  and benefit calculators on turn to us and what ur entitled to and both came up as full rent with the LCWRA and before the LCWRA 1120 and it’s says on statements because of lha rate very confused, have put message on my journal since last week about it but nobody has responded as of yet
    so am I right to assume from ur advice that would be from October 2022 on the LCWRA that am entitled to full rent or the pip in feb 2022

I’m so excited life changing amount of money for me intend using it for bit of private health care and full body mri and to treat my kids for helping me so much recently would much rather have a diagnosis sooner rather then later try to get my health under control then deal with my mental health first time in a long time been looking forward to things again

got accepted for main duty housing also this morning must be my lucky day thank god for his grace :) 

money house and hopefully brand use of a brand new car :)

the struggle and heartbreak of reading back through all that is wrong with me has really hit home but has been worth it I really really want to tell my kids but bit weary don’t want to promise anything I can’t deliver on and it was all thanks to the site and u guys at scope or I would have never even thought of going any further 

thank you!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,102 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it was the PIP automated payment line you rang then please be aware that is has been known for this to give incorrect information. For this reason you should rely on it. Please wait for the decision letter from HMCTS or check online as i advised earlier.

deeebeee said:
     due to benefit cap had a 3 bed entitled to 4 bed I did work it out to be 226 per month 
    I think that ^^ was a typo? maybe it should be £226/weeek?

LCWRA doesn't automatically entitle you to more housing element. You said you used a benefits calculator but have you checked on the link i provided above for LHA to see exactly what you're entitled to. Here https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/

Benefit calculators are only as good as the information you put into them. You can also check exactly how many bedrooms you're entitled to here. https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/bedroomcalculator.aspx

As you already had standard daily living before the Tribunal decision then this should have also removed the benefit cap and also removed any non dependant deductions (from the date of the original decision)  you may have had with your housing element.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.