Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

cdf99 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi everyone i was awarded pip during covid and did not have a face to face assessment. 
Im now due my review i have not had any changes since my phone assessment. 
How likely is it that they will call me for a face to face. Or as i have not had any changes will it be paper based or another phone assessment.  Its very nerve racking thinking about face to face for me 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,406 Disability Gamechanger
    Most assessments are by telephone, some are face to face or video call. Most people have assessments, paper based assessments are rare but possible. 

    If you’re given a face to face assessment you can ring and change it to a telephone assessment. 

    If you haven’t yet received the forms when you do receive them you need to treat it as a new claim, even if there’s been no changes. Please do not just write no changes and nothing further. You need to give as much information as possible, without telling your life story. Keep it relevant to the PIP descriptors. 

    Lots more information on many other threads that you can have a look at. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.