Suggestions for an accessible supermarket trolley design? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suggestions for an accessible supermarket trolley design?

Options
Winifred2002
Winifred2002 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone,
I am a college student and I am currently completing a product design project. The project is about designing a supermarket trolley that is convenient for disabled people to use. I would like to ask if you have any suggestions, or can you share with me your experience of using supermarket trolleys. I would be very grateful.

Comments

• theo_bees
    theo_bees Community member, Scope Member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    maybe the actual trolley bit could be over your lap a bit (for a wheelchair user) as current wheelchair trolleys are quite a way out in front of you making if harder to reach especially if you are small like me. I have no idea if that would work or not but thought I'd suggest it in case it is helpful!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For many reasons we have our shopping delivered now..much easier.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    For many reasons we have our shopping delivered now..much easier.
    Are you suggesting a design that includes a van to deliver the shopping?
    😂😂😂
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am a college student and I am currently completing a product design project. The project is about designing a supermarket trolley that is convenient for disabled people to use. I would like to ask if you have any suggestions, or can you share with me your experience of using supermarket trolleys. I would be very grateful.
    I think something that makes the trolley able to be steered more easily would help a lot.
    You could try to improve the way the trolley is steered because it takes a bit of strength and if it was lighter it would be better.
    Good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.