Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suggestions for an accessible supermarket trolley design?

Options
Winifred2002
Winifred2002 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone,
I am a college student and I am currently completing a product design project. The project is about designing a supermarket trolley that is convenient for disabled people to use. I would like to ask if you have any suggestions, or can you share with me your experience of using supermarket trolleys. I would be very grateful.

Comments

• theo_bees
    theo_bees Community member, Scope Member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    maybe the actual trolley bit could be over your lap a bit (for a wheelchair user) as current wheelchair trolleys are quite a way out in front of you making if harder to reach especially if you are small like me. I have no idea if that would work or not but thought I'd suggest it in case it is helpful!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For many reasons we have our shopping delivered now..much easier.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    For many reasons we have our shopping delivered now..much easier.
    Are you suggesting a design that includes a van to deliver the shopping?
    😂😂😂
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am a college student and I am currently completing a product design project. The project is about designing a supermarket trolley that is convenient for disabled people to use. I would like to ask if you have any suggestions, or can you share with me your experience of using supermarket trolleys. I would be very grateful.
    I think something that makes the trolley able to be steered more easily would help a lot.
    You could try to improve the way the trolley is steered because it takes a bit of strength and if it was lighter it would be better.
    Good luck