You don’t have to tackle energy bills on your own. Introducing @DES_Scope! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You don’t have to tackle energy bills on your own. Introducing @DES_Scope!

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2023 in Cost of living

We know that many of our members in the community have been concerned about energy bills. That’s why we are thrilled to have @DES_Scope here with us.

If you didn’t...

Scope’s Disability Energy Support is a free energy advice service for disabled people, or households with a disabled member, living in England or Wales.

You can speak to an advisor either by telephone appointment or by email. With support for questions and queries such as:

• Are there any cheaper energy tariffs with different suppliers?
  • I’m not in debt but I’m struggling with my energy bills, what can I do?
  • I’m in debt with my energy supplier. I can’t afford the payments they want, what can I do?
  • What is the Priority Service Register?
  •  When can I apply for the Warm Home Discount?
  • I am not able to top up my prepayment meter, what can I do?
  • When will the next government support payment be paid?

And much more.

Disability Energy Support is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm. Language adjustments and video calls with a British Sign Language interpreter can be made.

We would also encourage members to check out their online advice and support pages:

Let’s all give a big community welcome to @DES_Scope   🥳👏

Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.