Old Incapacity Benefit Claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Old Incapacity Benefit Claim

Tonawanda17 Community member Posts: 75 Connected
I am curious as to how my old Incapacity benefit was calculated.I last got it in May 2013 and got £112.05 per week. I fo. Has anyone any idea how the figure was calculated? Am i correct in assuming it doesn't include any income support parts? Thanks


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm confused why you started another thread, i already answered your question on your other thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/90444/esa-confusion#latest it wouldn't have included any Income Support because that has always been a separate benefit.

    As i advised on your other thread IB had different rates depending on your disability and how long it was expected to last. You can see some information here. https://www.welfarerights.net/uk-benefit-guides/incapacity-benefit/

    If you want to know how it was worked out then as i previously advised, you can request the information DWP hold on you between certain dates. Please see your other thread for the links.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.