Housing Benefit and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing Benefit and PIP

GJT1 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Im about to make the transition from permitted work into full time, with my wife also starting full time work for first time . Will I loose my housing benefit?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,769 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 13
    I'm adfraid i can't answer that question because it will depend on your joint earnings. I see from a previous thread that your wife is NRPF but her earnings will still be taken into consideration when calculating benefits entitlement. Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator

    You must also report the changes to ESA because working full time will mean it will stop.

    Please also check entitlement to Universal Credit. If you claim this before your ESA stops then you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim. You then have the work allowance, which will mean £379/month of earnings received will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. Whether there's any entitlement will depend on your joint earnings.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.