ESA/PIP review sent together — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/PIP review sent together

Options
Hello. Just wondering if it’s normal to be sent an esa and pip review form on the same day?

My daughter receives both esa and pip. Last esa review was around 2016-2018 I believe. She was reawarded pip June 2021, for a review form to be sent again June 2023. I received a txt early this month from dwp stating a pip review is underway, and finally receiving a review form a week later. The txt from dwp only mentioned a pip review, not esa.

But to my surprise an esa review form came too. Is that normal? We’ve had it some years ago I believe when an esa and pip review happened within a month or two but not the same day.

It always takes a lot of will power to fill in and supply evidence for one review, let alone having both at the same time.

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The reason why it didn't mention ESA in the text is because they don't send texts for ESA reviews. It will just be pure coincidence that she's received both at the same time. Seems like because she hasn't been reassessed for quite sometime with her ESA then she was overdue anyway. They have been suspended for a long time for the majority of people for reviews.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andrewsqueen23
    andrewsqueen23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for responding and the information re: no txt for esa
  • carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 115 Pioneering
    Options
    I had this a few years back and it felt to me deliberate on their behalf but could of been a coincidence.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How can it be deliberate? PIP and ESA are different departments. For the WCA someone from ESA needs to refer you first. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 115 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh Poppy your absolutely right

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.