If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The all new gaming thread. What are you playing?

Options
Albus_Scope
Albus_Scope Posts: 4,714 Scope online community team

As there's a fair few gamers lurking in this community, I thought it'd be nice to give us all somewhere to chat about what we're playing, things we're looking forward to and heck, maybe even help each other out on bits we're stuck on. :)

I think this year has been amazing for gamers, we've been spoiled with such greats as Baldurs gate 3, Dave the Diver, the new Cyberpunk 2077 patch and DLC and I believe new a Modern warfare title?  I'd love to know what you've been playing and can you recommend any games to others?

Recently I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty and Wartales (free on Xbox gamepass for PC), just for a change of pace, though I'm finding Wartales to be pretty tough for a first timer. 

I did love Spiderman 2, the accessibility options were amazing on that title. 
Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Opinions expressed are solely my own.
Neurodivergent.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,028 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I only really play World of Warcraft, I don't really like starting as a newbie on multiplayer games, unless it's a new game when everyone is starting fresh. :D 

I play WoW a lot though, maybe 2-3 hours a day.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I know what you mean @66Mustang though some mp games are very good at easing newbies in gently and making sure there's not too much of a power imbalance. :) 

I am so close to buying another moths playtime for WoW, especially with the 19th anniversary stuff going on. 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Albus_Scope also there is a new season that has just started so lots of level 415-450 gear going really easy and Mythic+/Raid gear up to ilvl 476 I think :) 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    *Sigh*

Guess I'll be reinstalling it later, I hate not getting limited time items for my main.   :D

Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I play WoW a lot though, maybe 2-3 hours a day.
    I'm feeling a bit guilty about how long I spend gaming some days now.... :D 

That said this week I've really struggled to play anything. Some times I get in a funk and load stuff up and just turn off again. I can't seem to get into anything. I really want a new PC game to inspire me!!
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I totally understand that feeling @Biblioklept, I often go weeks or months just not feeling any of the games I have. Then one grabs my attention and I can get totally hooked on it and it sucks up all my free time!  Wartales has really scratched that itch for me. But I am reinstalling WoW.  :D 

What sort of games have you really enjoyed and we can think of any that might be up your street. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I totally understand that feeling @Biblioklept, I often go weeks or months just not feeling any of the games I have. Then one grabs my attention and I can get totally hooked on it and it sucks up all my free time!  Wartales has really scratched that itch for me. But I am reinstalling WoW.  :D 

What sort of games have you really enjoyed and we can think of any that might be up your street. :) 

Exactly this!! And because I can't really get out and don't have friends, when I lose interest in games I am pretty much stuck lol. Desperately looking for something to get hooked on again.

I can't play FPS or anything similar any more as I get motion sick but I love pretty much anything else :D

More of a PC gamer but also have an xbox and switch...

WoW has been my go to for some months but I really loved SWTOR, LOTRO and UO. I tried Elder Scrolls but didn't get as invested, same with Rune Scape.
    I also like things like Theme Hospital, Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon. Also a fan of things like fantasy life, animal crossing and Star Dew Valley <3 

And of course, can't beat a bit of Mario :D But yeah I really want a new MMO I think, but like Mustang I hate starting new when everyone else has been playing a while. It took me ages to give WoW a proper go because of it (and then obviously I got hooked)!!

• Albus_Scope
    Options
    PC gaming is the best obviously. ;) 

OK, so you pretty much like all the games I like, so this makes things a bit easier.  :D 
    Have you tried any of the XCOM remasters?  That have been huge time sinks for me and I am a sucker for turn based combat with some research involved.
      Or I think you can pick up Mass Effect Remastered for £7 currently?  There's not too much shooting in it and with motion blur turned off, I could deal with it fairly easily. 

I'm on the look out for a new MMO to play, though ARK;Ascended is out now if you like survival and big dinosaurs?
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Options
    The new super mario bros. wonder is a game I really want to play. I gave away my switch awhile back though but considering buying one just for that game lol

Maybe a fitness game aswel. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Oooooh, of course, I forgot about the new Mario game.  I see it's been nominated for a few awards in The Game Awards this year? 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Well 66mustang will be happy, I reinstalled World of Warcraft last night and logged back in.

I have no idea what I'm doing and which add-ons I used to use.  This is proving to be hilarious.  :D
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • THE_DUDE
    Options
    @Albus_Scope I just read that you can't play wow on gaming consoles. I've got a laptop but might be too slow. I'd really like to get into it as I've never played it before. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    You can run WoW on fairly old laptops still @THE_DUDE but you'll need to turn the graphic settings down a bit.  You can always try a free trial to see if it runs ok for you? 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • THE_DUDE
    Options
    Will try that @Albus_Scope, thanks
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I am glad to read that you downloaded WoW @Albus_Scope!!!!

There is a lot to do, they seem to be quite good at bringing out new content on a regular basis now
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Thanks for making me take the plunge @66Mustang haha.  I'm looking forward to Winterveil again. That oddly really gets me in the Xmas spirit IRL. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Same for me @Albus_Scope when I was a teenager and hated the real world WoW was my world in a sort of way and I used to enjoy the festivities on there instead of in real life ha ha
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    I totally understand that.  I may not have been a teen, but I was recovering from illness, so it was nice to do social things without having to see people. :) 

Biggest question though, Horde or Alliance? 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @Albus_Scope it probably goes against the spirit of the game but I like them both and wish they would stop fighting and join forces :D:D:D 

I did enjoy the expansion packs that focussed around them joining up to defeat the Lich King or the Legion etc, as opposed to fighting each other
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.