Adult Disability Payment - still waiting for change from PIP. Is there anything I can do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult Disability Payment - still waiting for change from PIP. Is there anything I can do?

Options
System
System Posts: 112 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Adult Disability Payment Wait-Time.

Comments

• maggiesgirl
    maggiesgirl Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    HI, wondering if anyone is in the same boat .. I was on PIP and in January I submitted a change in circumstances which sparked a move to ADP. I was due to move over in May so nothing was done on my change by PIP and I’m still waiting on ADP looking at it .. it’s 10 months now and I’m tearing my hair out. Everytime I call, I get a different story and I’m at my wits end. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @maggiesgirl, welcome to the community. Hope you're doing okay today. Just so you know, I've popped your post into a dedicated thread so that people can find it and reply more easily. 

I'm really sorry you're having trouble with your ADP. What information have they given you so far about what's happening with your case?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • maggiesgirl
    Options
    thanks Rosie, I’ve had info like they’ll escalate it, that it would be looked at in August, that they weren’t ready for me, that I am nearly at the end of the line, that I won’t be taken for months .. stories go on and on
  • LainieD
    LainieD Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi @Maggiesgirl

I am in very similar situation to yourself. My care needs increased, I let pip know beginning January 2023. It triggered me being transferred to ADP, so on 26th May I changed over after 6 months waiting game. Nothing whatsoever 
    So 11 months later no decision, no letter.
    Have you had any updates this week so far. 

• maggiesgirl
    Options
    Hi Lainie, I call every week and I did yesterday again. I was told that it was assigned to a case manager on Friday (24th Nov) but I’m not hopeful it’s true because I was told on numerous occasions that as soon as a CM picked it up, they would call to introduce themselves … no call. 
  • minimeemaw
    minimeemaw Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    @maggiesgirl and @LainieD
    My adp story is a replica of yours. I put in a change of circumstances to pip in January.  Triggered my change to adp. That was complete in May and I filled out the change of circumstances form and submitted evidence.  All logged onto the system by June 18th. 
    I started calling in oct/Nov for updates. Nothing. Its in a queue waiting.  As of this afternoon 4th Dec it is still in a queue waiting. 
    I've been told they process the forms by month.  I've been told they process on a need basis or as its logged on.
    I've been told to patient and just wait. That they have no clue how long it will be but could be several more months before I hear. 
    It's OK saying you get your standard rate care but when your condition has deteriorated and mobility is a big issue the impact this has places a huge financial burden on an already stretched budget. Then there is the mental stress of is it really in a queue or have they lost it. Are they going to uprate my amount or take it all away. 

They should be taking on more staff to clear the backlog. 6 months is ridiculous. 
  • maggiesgirl
    Options
    @minimeemaw and @LainieD
    Nice to hear from you. I called yesterday and a determination has been made with a letter sent out on Friday but, as usual, they tell you nothing. My health has totally deteriorated but I also believe part of this is due to the stress of the transfer and the terrible waiting time. 
  • LainieD
    LainieD Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi @minimeemaw
    @maggiesgirl
    Well that is better news you got yesterday .now it's a waiting game for your award ,I hope it all works out in your favour as like me you have waited just under a year all in and really that is unacceptable.
     Hopefully you can update with good news of your award 

I'll update here on mine also if I ever get it finalised ,just so stressful and the waiting is awful 😞

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.