Problem solving and childrens education. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problem solving and childrens education.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
Most of us would not really be involved in childrens education or even Home tuition unless we have a disabled or long term sick child or actually teach or lecture.
  Powers  of observation can be taught if given the right tools.
MY LOT.

I asked do you use an I Pad at school?
Of course I do?

A bit lost in the translation.

In tripping over her brothers ankle, I said say sorry?
She turned round and said....
Sorry Ankle?

Thinking outside the box maybe?

I gave him a maths problem asking him if he has started doing these at school..
Yes, what do you want to know.
It showed two parralel lines intersected by an X  with two values of two angles so you had to fined X.
  He looked at it and said thats easy its by there pointing to X on one of the intersecting lines?  It shows you where it is?

I love kids and teaching and miss it so now I have my Daughters 2 kids, the best is they live with us.......

Comments

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options
    @onebigvoice

I have not had personal experience in teaching, but I completely understand where you're coming from! It's amazing to see how children tackle problems in their own unique ways. 

However, I respectfully hold a different view on the belief that exclusive dedication to a child's education is a characteristic only found in parents with disabled children. Based on my own observations, my adult children and many of their acquaintances, parents of children without disabilities, display an equal level of devotion and profound investment in their children's educational journey.

• onebigvoice
    Options
    MW123 said:
    @onebigvoice

I have not had personal experience in teaching, but I completely understand where you're coming from! It's amazing to see how children tackle problems in their own unique ways. 

However, I respectfully hold a different view on the belief that exclusive dedication to a child's education is a characteristic only found in parents with disabled children. Based on my own observations, my adult children and many of their acquaintances, parents of children without disabilities, display an equal level of devotion and profound investment in their children's educational journey.

I am sorry it was not meant to come out that way.  As I have said befor the children learn from their parents and learn right and wrong, long before school.  Parents shape their childs future, and how that when you get old like me they don't have to be told to do things as they are taught to make their own decisions but also to hold their hands up and say sorry I made a mistake.
      I was only looking at it froma grand parent view with 4 disable people of various ages. I love just talking to them and others as its great fun for me...
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @onebigvoice

I sincerely apologise if my earlier message seemed insensitive.  I misunderstood your perspective. I wasn't aware that your four grandchildren had disabilities, and I misconstrued your viewpoint. I mistakenly interpreted it as if, from a teacher's standpoint, you were implying that parents of typical children were indifferent to their education. I appreciate your clarification.

Your sharing values with your grandchildren is truly a testament to the positive impact that dedicated parenting, grandparenting can have on the future generations. Instilling values of responsibility, independence, and the humility to admit mistakes is a priceless gift. It's heartening to know that your applying these principles with your grandchildren.

With my grandchildren, I have to confess, the roles have reversed. In this ever-evolving world of technology, they've gracefully assumed the role of my mentors, patiently guiding me through the maze of new skills and tech. It's a delightful twist in the generational dance of knowledge and proves how much generations can teach and guide each other.

• onebigvoice
    Options
    MW123  You know what they used to say "Its good to talk" 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.