Tax credits disabled adult — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tax credits disabled adult

Ikonik Community member Posts: 58 Connected
My husband gets a tax credit payment as he was awarded PIP last year.
Will his disability tax credit migrate to Universal Credit ?


  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 245 Pioneering
    Yes, my cousin who recieves disabled tax  credits has had a migration notice. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,414 Disability Gamechanger
    The disabled element of working tax credits is part of Tax credits. You will be claiming Tax credits as a couple and this is ending for everyone. For this reason yes, you will be receiving a migration letter at some point in the near future to ask you to claim UC within 3 months. If you don't claim within that time then your Tax credits will end.

    If his health conditions limits his capability to work then when you claim UC he will need to report the health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. He will then be referred for a work capability assessment. See link for more information.

    When you claim UC you will not be any worse off because there will be Transitional Protection in place to make sure you're not worse off when you claim.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.