Randomly recieved Capability for work Questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Randomly recieved Capability for work Questionnaire

Options
Muttadiles
Muttadiles Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi, I've just had the Capability for work questionnaire come through the post, I've been on ESA for some years now and have already done this when I applied for ESA. Is this some sort of mistake or do people need to be re-assessed every now and then?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your original award should tell you how long  it was for.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,674 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Unfortunately they do not tell you how long the award is for with any work capability assessment. 

Hi, I've just had the Capability for work questionnaire come through the post, I've been on ESA for some years now and have already done this when I applied for ESA. Is this some sort of mistake or do people need to be re-assessed every now and then?
    It’s not a mistake and you will need to make sure you fill out the form and return by the date stated in the letter. The majority of people have reviews unfortunately. 

If it’s been quite sometime since you had an assessment then seems like you were due one anyway. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My WCA told me clearly in black and white that I would never have to be re-assessed unless there was a change in circumstances effectively an "on going"award.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Options
    woodbine said:
    My WCA told me clearly in black and white that I would never have to be re-assessed unless there was a change in circumstances effectively an "on going"award.

ESA Support Group is always an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. 

Your award is an exception because you were placed into the severe conditions group, so no further reviews are needed. Other than that, there are never any end dates on any WCA decisions, including those claiming UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • carbow32
    carbow32 Community member Posts: 115 Pioneering
    Options
    so can we safely say reassessments are going ahead
  • Grissom123
    Grissom123 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Have reassessments started back up again fully now?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Have reassessments started back up again fully now?
    I have no idea if they are fully back on. 

carbow32 said:
    so can we safely say reassessments are going ahead
    Seems like it. I don’t believe there were any plans to stop them completely yet. I heard back in June they would restart by the end of the year. 
  • Muttadiles
    Muttadiles Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Unfortunately I can't find the letter on which it would say how long for it was, I did have an assessment last year but that was for PIP
    woodbine said:
    Unfortunately they do not tell you how long the award is for with any work capability assessment. 

It’s not a mistake and you will need to make sure you fill out the form and return by the date stated in the letter. The majority of people have reviews unfortunately. 

If it’s been quite sometime since you had an assessment then seems like you were due one anyway. 
    Ahh alright then, makes sense as im in the WRAG although I've been told many times I should be in the support group but have been putting off applying to be placed in it as it would mean another assessment and lots of stress 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    WRAG is the same and also an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Those also have no end dates on decision letters. 
  • carbow32
    Options
    Would it be a case that certain groups are targeted or just random.  Consider the backlog how in the heck could they reassess everyone before 2025.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea who they will be referring. Once they start referring people there will be backlogs lol. They obviously can’t reassess everyone.
  • carbow32
    Options
    unless they want to break the system again and have to defer people again.  what a mess.  lol as you say

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.