Social Prescribing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social Prescribing

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Transforming care want me to self refer to these.

All I want help with is someone to make medical appointments for me and come with me to them.
And to be aware that I may not be able to attend because of agoraphobia and anxiety. 

Does anyone have experience with social Prescribing?

I do not want all the social inclusion, community stuff and self help stuff from their website at all.

Just what I said. Help with medical appointments. 

Ipbt fell thru and I dont want social care or any more assessments. 

Transforming care are going to see if cmht will have me back for the psychologist, phone appts. No more home visits etc.

I'm getting really down with all this now.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've been having no luck @Bettahm, I understand how it can be affecting your mood.  
    I don't know much about social prescribing unfortunately, but maybe one of our super regulars will be able to offer some advice?    I'm keeping everything crossed for you as always. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've been having no luck @Bettahm, I understand how it can be affecting your mood.  
    I don't know much about social prescribing unfortunately, but maybe one of our super regulars will be able to offer some advice?    I'm keeping everything crossed for you as always. 
    Thank you
  • Danlangridge88
    Danlangridge88 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi. I got a social prescriber and to be honest, they didn't do much. They asked why I got referred to them and I actually don't know why. They said there's not much they can do for me, just signpost you to services. To be honest I feel like its just a way of the mental health palming you off to someone else to releive the pressure on the system... although they can apparently do an assessment for NHS continuing health care which is the only thing I've seen them being useful for.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    Hi. I got a social prescriber and to be honest, they didn't do much. They asked why I got referred to them and I actually don't know why. They said there's not much they can do for me, just signpost you to services. To be honest I feel like its just a way of the mental health palming you off to someone else to releive the pressure on the system... although they can apparently do an assessment for NHS continuing health care which is the only thing I've seen them being useful for.
    Thanks for this. Agree with the theory that mental health services are trying to palm off 'difficult' patients to other services, for instance cmht accessed me for social care (without telling me that was what they were doing) then discharged me when I refused it. Transforming care are suggesting social Prescribing. I'm totally not convinced it's going to work! TC have now referred me to the psychologist within cmht which is good, long as cmht will have me back (without the CPN, support worker and social workers)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.