ESA payment date Wednesday 27 December - will it go in sooner? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA payment date Wednesday 27 December - will it go in sooner?

Options
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
As the discussion title says, I’m due an ESA payment on Wednesday 27 December, but there are changes to when people will be paid due to the festive period. Will my ESA payment go in sooner? I personally think it will. I have looked through several articles on newspaper websites explaining the date changes for DWP payments, yet I still fine them confusing. If my ESA payment does go into the bank sooner it’ll be on Friday 22 December, the last Friday before Xmas. I’d appreciate someone clarifying if I’ll be paid sooner on the Friday instead. Got autism and some autistic aren’t the best at processing info.

Comments

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is from an article. Wednesday 27 December is listed as you can see and it says Friday 22 December next to it. That must mean ESA payments due on 27 December will be paid 5 days sooner, on 22 December.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,714 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some say it is and other say it isn't. I can't find anything official that says exactly. If you do receive it on 22nd then please remember that your next payment after that will be Wednesday 10th January.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Some say it is and other say it isn't. I can't find anything official that says exactly. If you do receive it on 22nd then please remember that your next payment after that will be Wednesday 10th January.
    Yes, that’s the only thing for anyone to bare in mind if they’re getting a payment sooner, they’ve got to then wait slightly longer for the next one
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I don’t think all articles say the same thing, utterly confusing 🙄😂.  I haven’t seen anything on the government site www.gov.uk, you’d have thought they’d list everything on there. 

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Wednesday 27 December is technically a normal working day, I’d have thought payments would go in as normal on that day. Don’t know how they work out when payments go in 😂😂.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Mine is due on the same day but i'm not expecting it to go in earlier. It won't be spent anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jram46
    Jram46 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    ESA due on 27th dec will be paid Friday 22nd.
    only UC due on 27th will be paid 27th.
    From GOV site
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, now the information is on the gov.uk website, it wasnt available when I checked for this thread here. See link https://www.gov.uk/how-to-have-your-benefits-paid
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Yes, I can now see now a table of info on the site, that clears everything, wanted it to go in sooner tbh.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    They could have put it up sooner because I couldn’t trust what the media were saying, not all the articles are the same, but better late than never.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There’s was never any chance of it being paid sooner then 22nd because that’s the last working day before Christmas. I’m very surprised they are paying it early too because 27th isn’t a bank holiday. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.