Returning to work - LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Returning to work - LCWRA

KoreyJ22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone :) 
I was granted LCWRA after a breakdown, (easiest way to put it) and I am now starting to feel a bit better again. I want to return to the work environment.

What would be the process in regards to LCWRA? Would I simply just inform UC of my plans to RTW?

Any advice would be wonderful! 

Thank you in advance, 



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,144 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, once you start working you need to "report a change of circumstances" by logging into your journal, assuming you have access to one. The click "work and earnings" and tell them you've started work.

    You have the work allowance so any earnings up to that amount will be ignored, after that there will be a 55% deduction in your UC. If you claim for help with the rent then it will be £379/month, if you don't it will be £631/month.

    Please be aware, if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you at your next review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 2,705 Scope online community team
    Hey @KoreyJ22 :) welcome to our community! Poppy's already answered your question better than I could so I just wanted to welcome you and hope your time here is helpful and a good experience.

    Good luck in your return to work, I hope you find something you really enjoy doing!
    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.