If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
Suggs
Suggs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
My husband is on Ssp. He cant get anymore ssp after end of jan(28 weeks are up). He had a letter stating hes going to get Lcwra. We both are recieve £82 U/credit per month. Also i get £691Pip per month. I also get Pension of £815 per month. When will he recieve lcwra & how much? Also is this on top of U/credit? When Ssp finishes end of Jan will our U/credit go up?  Thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA increases your maximum UC entitlement by £390.06, assuming your husband doesn’t claim carers element of UC for looking after you. This is because both carers element and LCWRA can’t be paid to the same person at the same time. 

Yes, the LCWRA is paid in with UC because it’s part of it. 

When the extra money is paid from will depend on the answer to the following questions.

1/ What date exactly did he report his health condition/provide his first fit note?

2/ What date do you usually receive your UC each month?

Do you currently have the work allowance? If not then you will be owed some money for this. It means that a certain amount of earnings can be received each month before the deductions apply. 

If you claim for help with the rent it will be £379/month, if you don’t it will be £631/month. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Suggs
    Suggs Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou. He was on Ssp for sciatica from July... So we dont get any help for rent..& not in the work allowance group..
    So will we get the £631  after his sick notes end.?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The work allowance will apply from the assessment period in which he provided his first fit note. 

The work allowance doesn’t mean you’ll be entitled to that extra amount in full for the whole time.  It will depend on what your maximum UC entitle was. Your pension isn’t earned income, it’s unearned income which reduces your UC £1 for £1. His SSP is earned income. 

You also didn’t answer any of the questions I asked you and I can’t advise you without that information here…. 

1/ What date exactly did he report his health condition/provide his first fit note?

2/ What date do you usually receive your UC each month?

Does he receive carers element for looking after you? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Suggs said:
    Thankyou. He was on Ssp for sciatica from July... So we dont get any help for rent..& not in the work allowance group..
    So will we get the £631  after his sick notes end.?

I'm very surprised you don't get the work allowance at the moment. In your first comment you said that you've only been receiving £85/month UC. Do you have dependant chidren on your claim? if you do then you will have already been entitled to the work allowance.

The reason i ask is because you said you're not claiming for help with any rent. With your pension being £815/month i wouldn't expect there to be any entitlemen to UC at all if you're not claiming for help with the rent and have no dependant children on your claim.

Are you currently receiving the LCWRA element for yourself?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @suggs, I can see you're getting some great help already, but I wanted to pop in and give you a lovely warm welcome to the community. I hope you're doing well today? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.