If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA Work Contradictions

Options
carbow32
carbow32 Community member Posts: 115 Pioneering
I am baffled by this and I don't anyone will really know the answer.

However working when you LCWRA and reassessment should be fine it the work doesn't contradict the reason you get LCWRA.

I get that if you have told them you can't walk 2 meters and then your suddenly in Asda as a click and collect employee walking around their store to get peoples shopping.  This is plainly a contradiction.

With myself though I am LCWRA and substantial risk (to me and my children).  I am making and selling a few craft items.  There is not much time going into it and I basically just get the money back the materials have cost me, so I can carry on the hobby.  Can this be classed as a contradiction and if so how.  I can't afford to take the gamble it will go against me.

I am saddened by this it's is nice to make these things and a purchaser has hopefully enjoyed the product.  If I even attempted to make it profitable I could not replace the LCWRA extra amount I would get without it making me ill (that is factual I know my limits with this illness)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You probably do this work from home so it's unlikely to contradict the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA but ultimately it will depend on which descriptor applied when you were found to have LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carbow32
    Options
    Yes it is from home.  My report states substantial risk to me or anyone else due to a debilitating psychiatric condition.  I am LCWRA.  I am just baffled as to what contradicts a substantial risk.

I post out about 2 items a day not a problem.  I just wonder if there is a line of "well you can sit at home and do that, so you can sit at home and do some work related activity .. hence a swop from LCWRA to LCW.  It is constantly playing on my mind.  I don't even enjoy making the craft items anymore.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'd would say if you were out selling your craft items in a market, that would be a contradiction as you'd be around people. But sitting at home making them shouldn't be.  Personal opinion of course. 

I'm sure we'd all love to see some of your items.  You can post pics in this thread. (though no links to selling sites please. ;) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • carbow32
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have always presumed a substantial risk in my case means first me because work will and has caused numerous break downs over the years.  Also a risk to my daughter because I can't look after her if I am ill.  I will post some pics.   I don't think I am a threat to the general public.  My family are like what is the problem it is therapeutic and I am just paranoid.  
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,603 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@carbow32
    Hi it’s such a shame you are so worried, but I know benefits gets us that way. 
    I see you’re doing no harm enjoying your hobby and only receiving the amount it cost you to make it. 
    I hope you carryon with  your hobby for many years to come,
    I wish you well.

Take care ❤️
  • poppy123456
    Options
    carbow32 said:
    I have always presumed a substantial risk in my case means first me because work will and has caused numerous break downs over the years.  Also a risk to my daughter because I can't look after her if I am ill.  I will post some pics.   I don't think I am a threat to the general public.  My family are like what is the problem it is therapeutic and I am just paranoid.  

Substantial risk will definitely not be related to your ability to look after your daughter. It means that there would be a substantial risk to yourself and other people if found capable of work related activity.

I can't see working from home contradicting that reason.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • carbow32
    Options
    carbow32 said:

Substantial risk will definitely not be related to your ability to look after your daughter. It means that there would be a substantial risk to yourself and other people if found capable of work related activity.

I can't see working from home contradicting this.
    It's all so confusing.  I've always thought it covered a risk to my daughter as well.  If I am unwell then she has won't be looked after because I wouldn't be able to look after myself.  So there is a risk to her wellbeing.  That said she got put into care for 2 months the last time I was ill.   Then SS were crawling right over me for 18 months after it was awful.
  • carbow32
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@carbow32
    Hi it’s such a shame you are so worried, but I know benefits gets us that way. 
    I see you’re doing no harm enjoying your hobby and only receiving the amount it cost you to make it. 
    I hope you carryon with  your hobby for many years to come,
    I wish you well.

Take care ❤️
    Thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    carbow32 said:
    carbow32 said:

I can't see working from home contradicting this.
    It's all so confusing.  I've always thought it covered a risk to my daughter as well.  If I am unwell then she has won't be looked after because I wouldn't be able to look after myself.  So there is a risk to her wellbeing.  That said she got put into care for 2 months the last time I was ill.   Then SS were crawling right over me for 18 months after it was awful.

No, not in that way. Risk to others, such as members of the public.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.