Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Options
london75
london75 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi everyone just received a text message from DWP,about your pip review.the health professional has sent us their report.we will make a decision on your pip,but it may take 6  weeks before you hear from us.just need to know what this means for me,I am sorry but I do suffer from severe mental health problems,if someone can help,many thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means exactly what it says and PIP have recieved the assessment report back. That 6 weeks for a decision that was advised in the text can be anything up to 12 weeks. Once a decision is made you will be contacted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • london75
    london75 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Hi I posted the other day that DWP will write to me in 6 weeks about the result of my pip claim,so happy with that,but all of sudden I'm getting phone calls and text messages off ofa doctor I don't know at my practice all of a sudden asking questions about an assessment letter and a recent hospital visit I have no idea about what they are talking about,they keep ringing and leaving voicemails and when I get back to them,they will not tell me what it is about,especially from admin staff,the two three times I've rung themand spoke to them they seem to be laughing in the background,and the person speaking to me,these are supposed to be professionals aren't they,I feel I'm being treated like rubbish,all of sudden they are ringing me,when I've always been chasing around for appointments as they i hard to get,is this being done by doctors deliberately as to get me off pip,m and trick me,as this is a pip review,they are making me ill,I'm already not well,and people seem to be laughing even when I ring up and ask what's this all about,a hospital visit recently, I do not know what they are talking about I haven't been in hospital for about 4/5 years,and they are so secretive about it.I definitely feel there is  some sort of prejudice even going on here,because I feel like I'm being treated very unfairly,please help because this is making me very unwell.I'm shaking even writing this,don't know what to do.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you have concerns about these calls then phone and ask to speak to the practice manager.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    edited December 2023
    Options
    london75 said:
    all of sudden I'm getting phone calls and text messages off ofa doctor I don't know at my practice all of a sudden asking questions about an assessment letter and a recent hospital visit
    It appears the assessor has made a referral. They do that if they feel you need support and not getting enough care from adult social services and/or you GP.

It could also be they shared the result of your award with the GP, this is a question you answer in your application form and agree they do so (if you have a copy of it, look what you answered there). I read here you had been looking into this section if I am not confusing something else:
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112734/uc50-form-gp-consent-or-sharing-information-yes-or-no#latest

But if it was a concern about your safety and support, they would make the referral regardless of you consent.

Nobody here can help you what has happened, even the above is a wild guess. It all comes down to what you told in your application and the assessment session.

However, if you say things that never took place (like the hospital thing), are mentioned, it could be a mix up? (again a wild guess).

But with all that said, when you call, your GP, about youself, they should tell you what is about. As woodbine said above, you should call and speak to your surgery manager. And I would add, when you call, file a complaint, that they are not answering your queries and provide you with details why they bombard you with calls, and that is causing you significant distress and affecting your mental health.

Let us know how it went. If your surgery is not reachable during the weekend, try to relax, it has no value to waste energy over it for two days.

Let us know how it went.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    My previous comment has disappeared. Lets hope I am not filtered here.

@london75
    This sounds like a referral. Either the assessor raised a concern for you with your GP or they shared your award with them, I read here you had been looking into agreeing let them do that: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112734/uc50-form-gp-consent-or-sharing-information-yes-or-no#latest

But if it was a concern, of what you said during your assessment or in your application, they would not need your consent.

Personally, I think they shared your reward with them and they want to make sure you have all the support you need.

As woodbine said, as to speak to the manager of your practise, they should definitely tell you whats the reason the specific doctor wants to talk to you.  I would suggest you raise a complaint through the secretaries of your practise, this will will speed up getting a response.

They hospital point, it could be a mix up of some kind or something the assessor understood wrong. As you not been in one recently, it will be a simple thing to solve.

Please note, all my thoughts about why this is happening are wild guesses. 

Dont worry about it all weekend, it will be shorted out, it looks like a standard procedure.

Let us know how it went.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    My previous comment has disappeared. Lets hope I am not filtered here.

@london75
    This sounds like a referral. Either the assessor raised a concern for you with your GP or they shared your award with them, I read here you had been looking into agreeing let them do that: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112734/uc50-form-gp-consent-or-sharing-information-yes-or-no#latest

But if it was a concern, of what you said during your assessment or in your application, they would not need your consent.

Personally, I think they shared your reward with them and they want to make sure you have all the support you need.

As woodbine said, as to speak to the manager of your practise, they should definitely tell you whats the reason the specific doctor wants to talk to you.  I would suggest you raise a complaint through the secretaries of your practise, this will will speed up getting a response.

They hospital point, it could be a mix up of some kind or something the assessor understood wrong. As you not been in one recently, it will be a simple thing to solve.

Please note, all my thoughts about why this is happening are wild guesses. 

Dont worry about it all weekend, it will be shorted out, it looks like a standard procedure.

Let us know how it went.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @TheManFromLondon Having issues with the spam filter, apologies! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • TheManFromLondon
    Options
    @TheManFromLondon Having issues with the spam filter, apologies! 
    No worries. Apologies from my side as well, my paranoia kicked in too soon.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.