Reasons to boycott Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasons to boycott Christmas

Options
THE_DUDE
THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 208 Pioneering
One reason is my family always find a reason to fight/argue. So annoying really gets to me.

Anyone else with a reason to boycott Xmas?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,842 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can relate. There is always someone in my family, well usually one of the same two people, who get really grumpy and spoil the atmosphere. :( 

I still like Christmas, though.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thankfully, I left all that behind many years ago! Now, I love Christmas and even more so with my grandchildren to share it with! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Our daughter and ten year old grandson are coming for the weekend this week and for me thats what xmas is all about, after that its so far just me and SM except xmas day evening when a couple of friends will pop in for a game or cards a drink and a bit of supper, Boxing Day I'm hoping it will be nice enough and I will be well enough to take our 10 month old puppy for a decent walk and that will be Christmas nice and simple just as we like it as we get older.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 208 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm honestly going to boycott Xmas and new year celebrations this year. See if it's better or worse. 

No Xmas food, no decorations,  no meeting family. 

And to the people that commented I hope you all have a great  Christmas and ny with no strife.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,502 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @THE_DUDE I totally understand wanting to boycott the holiday season, it can put so much unneeded pressure on individuals. 
    But I'm starting to realise there can be compromise so you can avoid the stress, but also still have a nice time. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Margare93222061
    Margare93222061 Community member Posts: 426 Pioneering
    Options
    Christmas is not always a good time for people depending on your situation s some people can not afford Christmas 
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I find it a very solum. Even though We chose to live a solitude life zero  friends zero family. Reading or hearing others talk about their life’s sharing Christmas with family and friends makes me feel extremely lonely. 
    We also don’t do Christmas because we just can’t afford food or gifts. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For me, Christmas can be Christmas movies, walking around to see decorations in the neighbourhood, seeing children in line to see Santa all excited. I can understand the stress it can put on so many, some can't afford it, and some are not in the best situation. 

Just wanted to remind everyone that Scope is here if we can support you in any way <3 Even if it is just playing games, having debates and generally chit-chatting :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • and15
    and15 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    I have lots of reasons -personal illness,3 significant losses in December from years gone by but the hardest is seeking my beautiful daughter struggle with Xmas due to her asd/spd so we say no to anything Xmas it's just pants
  • Margare93222061
    Margare93222061 Community member Posts: 426 Pioneering
    Options
    @and15 you do mot have to celebrate  Christmas just do what you feel is right for. You
  • pinklady25
    pinklady25 Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    Xmas hasn't been the same last 25 years I put a front on the kids I buy presents go and take them to family and friends thats Xmas done 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.