Hi, looking for some clubs/activities for my son with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, looking for some clubs/activities for my son with CP

Options
MessiahNetto123
MessiahNetto123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, please advise if there are any clubs or activities in west London for my son who has cerebral palsy, vision and hearing impairment

Many thanks, 

Jennifer 
(parent) 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @MessiahNetto123 and welcome to the community. I hope you're doing great today?

We have a cerebral palsy category on the community which may be of help to you here?  Hopefully someone will be able to throw some ideas your way. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Heya. 

Art club might be a option in order to start off with. If you contact your local library in addition, they can provide information on clubs or groups. Your local newspaper will contain helpful details on what to do and so on. Or alternatively you could always try to find a nice community centre. Good luck. Focus on what he can do already. Cerebral palsy is a spectrum condition. Hobbies are crucial. 

Take a look online at relevant options. Cast your net wide. Consider his own skills and interests as far as possible here. There are numerous effective vacation play schemes in question for disabled children. Ask the council about that. Additionally get information on library events too. You could buy him a camera and teach him what to do with it. My local bookstore has a range of books on various hobbies to look at. Find some. Ask around for ideas and recommendations. 

The church often holds fun activities for children and their families as well. It is worth a shot at least. I would try it in any case and see what happens as a result. Things are opening up I know that much now. Tell us more about your boy child though. I am aware that hobbies like sport don’t appeal to everyone who is living on the planet. Far from it in fact. If he likes baking look into that for him. Often times the local community zoos and museums have educational events and stuff on. Again contact them by email or via phone. 

I hope that this is helpful to you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.