Random items in a parcel — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Random items in a parcel

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,061 Disability Gamechanger
I recently purchased a small item - an adapter for my electric devices - for under £10.

It didn't work.

In case it is relevant, it was a cheap version of something that should have cost more like £25. It came from China. Lesson learnt buy the genuine one.

In the package was a handful of random items (as well as what I ordered)

- a single fortune cookie in a wrapper
- a single tea bag
- a little sliding puzzle, like what you get in a Kinder egg
- a pencil

I thought it was just a nice gesture but when I found out the product is duff I wondered, what that is about?

Is it some sort of scam, like, if I return the item without the tea bag they say they can't refund me because I didn't return the tea bag?

Should I send it all back?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,294 Disability Gamechanger
    interesting one, did you buy it via someone e.g e bay? if it cost under a tenner would it cost almost as much to return it?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,061 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @woodbine it was from an Amazon seller but not sold by Amazon themselves.

It was free delivery and I believe free returns. I do know that sometimes with low value items they just refund you and let you keep it (unless you abuse it and do that a lot) or sometimes they tell you to destroy the item as it's not worth them paying to get it back. Probably better for the planet that way as well I guess.

I will initiate a return and see what happens.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 415 Pioneering
    I would bin it all and put it down to experience,I would never buy cheap cos ya get what ya pay for🙄🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.