Uc career element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc career element

bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
I’m not well an I’m entitled to lwrca an pip 

my husband also gets pip an is on lwrca 

I get Uc career elements as I’m career somedays prep his food an do stuff for him mostly spending time etc but my mental health an lyrically not well 

 mentally well need a break an I’m taking few days of as caring 

Does this affect Uc an how many times can you take break 

I took break few weeks ago for 11 days 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    When claiming carers element or carers allowance you don’t need to physically care for someone. Just spending time with them talking to them is all part of caring.

    When you mention taking a “break” do you mean you’re going on holiday without your husband? 

    If you’re claiming UC as a couple then you won’t each be receiving the LCWRA element because it’s only one element per claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    edited December 2023
    I’m not well myself thanks for replying

    mostly I spends time giving company  going out an sometimes help with making an prepping meal if I wash my clothes wash his etc 

     But my own health has detoriated an I need a break at times I have break down end up crying at night it’s all getting to much for me.

    mu partner relies on me to do most of his things an I’m so tired an exhausted an have let go of myself 
    Was going send him to his family for few days , but he doesn’t wanna I’m struggling to cope 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.