Pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessments

Options
london75
london75 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi is it in your best interest to give consent for the DWP to contact my doctor,because you read stories that it's not best or is it?so confusing these assessments,this is for PIP by the way,any help i would gladly be grateful,many thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,824 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if you do give consent, they very rarely contact anyone. In 10 years of claiming PIP myself and in the middle of my 3rd review, they never contacted anyone. Whether you give consent, is entirely your decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 590 Pioneering
    Options
    I gave my consent when i 1st rang pip for a claim form and they did contact my gp.
  • s4zi
    s4zi Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Options
    i did give consent and they have contacted my gp
    still waiting for decision after assessment although thinking of withdrawing the application as i have new medicines and i do not want anything that makes me stressed at this point
  • london75
    Options
    Hi everyone just received a PIP LETTER DATED ON XMAS DAY,didn't know they worked on Xmas day,received a letter today saying,we now have the info we need to decide if we can award you PIP,you do not need to do anything,we will write to you with a decision,there is no need to contact us,we will write to you,good/bad news you think or just a standard letter sent out on Xmas day,anyone know thanks alot everyone.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's just a standard letter; many of our members have had one. It really doesn't mean anything other than they haven't made a decision yet, but will send your decision letter out once a decision has been made.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Those letters are automatically generated by the system.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • london75
    Options
    Hi the DWP have just rang me asking a load of questions is this to catch you out,he was rude as well as being for forceful and pushy,I answered what I could but scared now this unexpected call has gone against me,what do you think?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes a decision maker will ring you before making a decision if they have any questions to ask. They do not send appointment times out for this call. It doesn't mean it's bad news.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.