Directions notice from court — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Directions notice from court

Options
Dianaf
Dianaf Community member Posts: 29 Connected
edited January 26 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone had a letter from tribunal saying I need to follow rule 8 and give any representations in by January 2024. If this is not done by this date there could be a strike off? They have already had an sscr appeal form given in by my representative. Does this letter from court mean they are thinking about not letting me appeal? I can't contact my representative because she's away. I'm very worried. 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You really do need to get some expert advice about this. I see from you other thread earlier today the that your rep is away. If that rep is from an advice agency then is there someone else available there to give advice?

I found this thread here on benefits and work please have a read.  https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-esa-queries-results/138289-pip-tribunal a strike off means you are at risk of HMCTS cancelling your appeal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options

As Poppy says you need  to get some expert advice and please do that.

Hopefully your representative or someone at their agency will be able to sort this out before anything happens but  if your appeal is struck out you have the right to appeal against this strike out. You / your representative will  have 1 month to do this from the date the decision to strike out is made.  

Does the letter say that it is you (the appellant) that has to “follow rule 8…..”?

Direction notices are sent out to all the parties involved.

If it says the respondent has to “follow rule 8…” it is a direction notice for the DWP and you have  been sent a copy. In your other post you say that the tribunal asked the DWP for information about why they didn’t award  certain points so it may be that the DWP have not responded to this and now the tribunal have issued a directions notice to them.

This document outlines the tribunal rules:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/63e10a8fd3bf7f1733450152/consolidated-ftt-sec-rules.pdf

Sections 6 and 8 deal with directions and striking out.

• Dianaf
    Dianaf Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.