What are the rules Winter Solstice 2023 at Stonehenge (tomorrow morning).. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are the rules Winter Solstice 2023 at Stonehenge (tomorrow morning)..

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,618 Pioneering

I was planning on going but since I am not allowed to take my large carrier bag with me - I have changed my mind !!

• Amplified music is not allowed
  • Drunken, disorderly and anti-social behaviour will not be accepted. Those in breach of this rule will be ejected by security staff or the police.
  • Children under 16 much be accompanied by an adult
  • Illegal drugs are not allowed. Guests have been warned that the police will be on site.
  • Dogs, pets and other animals are not allowed into Stonehenge with the exception of guide dogs
  • Large bags are not allowed
  • Camping is not allowed.
  • Duvets and sleeping bags are not allowed
  • Climbing or standing on the stones is not allowed for safety reasons
  • Leafleting or flyering is banned
  • Lighting fires or using flaming torches is prohibited. This includes candles, nightlights, fireworks or any other real flame. Fuel and other flammable substances are also banned for safety reasons.
  • Flying drones is not allowed on site as the area is a No Fly Zone.
  • Live broadcasting is taking place and those entering the monument are agreeing to allow their likeness to appear in the broadcast

English Heritage has also warned that if the ground conditions are poor then access to the site may not be possible. This is because giving access in these conditions may damage the monument.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    "Climbing or standing on the stones is not allowed for safety reasons" 

For the safety of the stones or the people? :D

You would have thought that climbing on stones of historical significance was probably not the done thing anyway rather than not doing it for health and safety. But I suppose they have to cover that rule somehow! 

Happy Winter Solstice!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,744 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I knew they did it for Summer but thought it might be a little cold to celebrate in Winter
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.